Here at King’s Hedges our House System is in full swing with children representing their houses in festivals and collecting yellow tokens throughout the year.
A little reminder, our houses are:
Fitzwilliam, Sedgwick, Wimpole and Anglesey Abbey. These are all local places to visit and we aim that children will visit their house whilst at King’s Hedges.
Find out more about each attraction here:
Our House Captains
Their role is one of pride, determination and responsibility.
They have been elected by their peers as exceptional role models to lead their houses through the many exciting challenges of the school year.
Key responsibilities of the house captains and vice captains
- To lead, support and encourage children of their house in a variety of house activities and competitions
- Liaise with members of their house, motivating and inspiring them to try their best
- Attend all house meetings
- Work with house staff leaders, school council and other members of the school
- To be visible and approachable to members of their house during play and lunchtimes
- Monitor, collect and count house tokens
- Represent their house and school with high standards, setting a good example to others
- Wear their house colours with pride!
Qualities and skills of the house captains and vice captains
- Show confidence
- Be willing and motivated
- Display respect and good manners
- Have a team mind set
- Demonstrate good organisational skills