In So to Speak we teach the statutory framework for the EYFS.
During the year we focus on developing children’s skills across the three ‘Prime areas of learning’;
- Personal, Social and Emotional development – Making relationships, Self- Confidence and Self – Awareness and Managing Feelings and Behaviour
- Physical Development – Moving and Handling and Health and Self-Care
- Communication and Language – Listening and Attention, Understanding and Speaking
These three prime areas are particularly crucial for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, and building their capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive.
We also teach the children the four ‘Specific areas of learning’ below:
- Literacy – Reading and Writing
- Mathematics – Numbers and Shape, Space and Measure
- Understanding the World – People and Communities, The World and Technology
- Expressive Arts and Design - Media and Materials and Being Imaginative