Welcome to King's Hedges Nursery School
'Children make good progress because all staff are determined to help them fulfil their potential. They ensure that school is a fun place to be. This is seen in the smiling faces that arrive at school at the start of each session. As one parent commented, ' The children cannot wait to get through the school gates to start working or playing.' OFSTED 2017
Click on the link to read the King’s Hedges Nursery Prospectus and find out more about King’s Hedges Nursery and the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Please click here for the latest Ofsted Report.
At King’s Hedges Nursery we teach the statutory framework for the EYFS through a curriculum called Curiosity Corner. Click here to find out about our Curiosity Corner Home Learning Themes.
Parents Guide to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
In Nursery we teach the statutory framework for the EYFS.
During the year we focus on developing children’s skills across the three ‘Prime areas of learning’;
1. Personal, Social and Emotional development – Making relationships, Self-Confidence and Self–Awareness and Managing Feelings and Behaviour
2. Physical Development – Moving and Handling and Health and Self-Care
3. Communication and Language – Listening and Attention, Understanding and Speaking
These three prime areas are particularly crucial for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, and building their capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive.
We also teach the children the four ‘Specific Areas of Learning’ below:
4. Literacy – Reading and Writing
5. Mathematics – Numbers and Shape, Space and Measure
6. Understanding the World – People and Communities, The World and Technology
7. Expressive Arts and design – Media and Materials and Being Imaginative
There are currently no comments.